You can leave Pinecast at any time.
Steps to leave Pinecast
- Set up your podcast on your new hosting service. Most podcast hosting services offer an import tool that will copy your assets from Pinecast. You should use this tool to import your podcast to your new host.
- After importing, be sure to inspect each episode to make sure that links in your episode description are accurate.
- Log in to your Pinecast dashboard. From your dashboard, open the chat in the lower right corner of the page. Note that this must be done from your podcast dashboard.
- In the chat, start a new chat message requesting a feed redirect. You will need to confirm your current Pinecast RSS feed URL and the URL you'd like to redirect it to.
This process is not self-service, as it can result in a loss of subscribers if done improperly. We're happy to help, though, and try to process all requests within a few hours of submission.
Do not delete your podcast from Pinecast. Deleting your podcast will cancel any active feed redirect. Once the redirect is active, Pinecast is no longer serving any episodes—simply downgrading your account and leaving your show as-is is more than enough.
Cancelling your subscription
You can cancel your subscription by visiting the My Subscription page (linked at the top of every page) and clicking the link at the bottom to downgrade to a free Pinecast account.
- You do not need to maintain an active membership for an RSS redirect to persist. Redirects are permanent.
- If you downgrade to the free plan, your feed will be limited to the most recent ten items. If you upgrade again in the future, the archived episodes will be returned. Your feed will not be made inactive because your account has been downgraded, and you will not lose subscribers.