Any sort of sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway of any kind is hereby referred to as a "contest".
- You are solely responsible for your contest.
- Contests must be free to enter.
- Contests held on Pinecast must follow all applicable laws (including federal, state, and local laws) and United States sanctions.
- Contests may not infringe on the rights of any third party or require any participant to engage in unlawful activity.
- Contests may not have prizes valued over USD $1000.
- Contest entries must remain the property of the participant. You may not claim full ownership of entries.
- All contests must post all information--including rules, eligibility requirements, restrictions, entry methods, prize information, odds of winning, etc.--at the start of the contest.
- Contests must include in the above information a full release of Pinecast by each person participating an acknowledgement that the contest is in no way associated with Pinecast (including, without limitation, that it isn't administered, sponsored, or endorsed by Pinecast), and a statement that each person participating is giving information directly to you and not to Pinecast.
- Contest participants must be 18 years or older.
- Contests may only be made available to people living in your country.
- Pinecast's Feedback tool may not be used for collecting contest entries.
- Personal information collected for a contest must not be used to automatically opt-in participants to marketing or promotional materials, even with consent. Participants must explicitly opt-in to any such materials, and it must be possible to participate in a contest without opting in.
Contests held on sites other than on Pinecast properties may be communicated through Pinecast, but all rules listed above must be followed and the communication must make it clear that the contest is not hosted on Pinecast.
The legality of any contest (held on Pinecast or elsewhere) is your own responsibility. Local, state, and federal laws may apply (depending on location). You should contact a lawyer if you have questions or concerns.
Any contest in violation of the above rules must have explicit written permission from Pinecast before beginning.